- This event has passed.
FPP September 2021 “Better Together” Virtual Session: “Coffee With KOFE: Financial Capability Resources to Elevate Financial Inclusion”
09/14/2021 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDTFree
FPP September 2021 “Better Together” Virtual Session:
“Coffee With KOFE:
Financial Capability Resources to Elevate Financial Inclusion”
Featuring a Panel Discussion with Leaders from Florida-Based Credit Unions
Currently Using the KOFE Suite of Resources
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Eastern
Engaging in the FPP Zoom Room
(Participation Link provided directly from Zoom after this online registration is completed)
KOFE, short for Knowledge of Financial Education, is a comprehensive financial wellness program created to assist financial institutions, non-profit organizations and community partners in meeting their financial educational goals while helping them increase their reach to those in need of these resources, perhaps unbanked, or in low- to moderate-income communities.
KOFE is a program created by Consolidated Credit Solutions, a national non-profit credit counseling agency with 27 years of experience helping people with their personal finances.
KOFE features include:
- Co-Branded Online Portal with a wealth of digital educational content. Materials and tools include booklets, videos, podcasts, webinars, live chat with financial coaches, budgeting calculator, and much more.
- Interactive Courses which will allow organizations to create incentive campaigns throughout the year. Each course has a quiz and reports to help you track their progress and reward accordingly.
- Live & On-Demand Webinars Live and on-demand webinars through the KOFE portal. In person seminars by a KOFE representative, or customized webinars are available at additional charge. However, all webinar content and PowerPoint presentations are available for in-person presentations in the community.
- Portal Customization allowing organizations to use their own color scheme, logos, add or delete content, and much more.
- Free & Unlimited Financial Coaching through an Exclusive, Toll-Free Phone number Financial coaching includes help and advice with budgets, credit report review, credit building, and debt resolution.
- Debt Management Program available to those who request and qualify for it (fees involved).
- Program Utilization Feedback, monthly, weekly or daily reports and quarterly reviews.
- Communication & Marketing Support to help you create awareness. Flyers, social media and email content, articles for your newsletters, etc. All these in electronic form, no print services available.
- Ongoing Staff Training through an initial live webinar and recorded webinars for new employees, and to keep you up-to-date as new features are continuously added to the KOFE portal.
- Partner Relations Manager to help guide your financial institution through best practices for engagement. We help to make sure that your launch is successful and aligns with your strategic goals.
Come enjoy your coffee with KOFE on Tuesday, September 14!
Guest Expert Panelists include:
Velocity Community Credit Union
Business Development Specialist
Lynn is a Business Development Specialist at Velocity Community Credit Union. She has been with the Credit Union for four years, and has worked in the financial industry at banks and credit unions for over 14 years. She enjoys helping and educating her community through programs, seminars, and financial literacy, and finds working with youth to be the most rewarding. Lynn works to educate underserved communities as well. Education is key.
Since Ms. Rosario has been in Business Development, she has become a trustee with the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce and a part of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council. Lynn is an active volunteer for Junior Achievement in middle schools, Paint Your Heart Out, Back to School Bash, Forgotten Soldiers, and many more community outreach programs. This type of networking is important to her; it plays a crucial role in bringing awareness to how credit unions can help the community with their financial needs.
Lynn is originally from Puerto Rico, grew up in Broward County and has lived in Palm Beach County for 15 years and calls it home. She has a passion for helping others and giving back to her community in any way possible.
Gold Coast FCU
AVP of Community Development
Pat Walker leads the credit union initiatives to educate the community on various financial outreach programs and the importance of utilizing the programs by distributing educational and financial materials.
Her career in credit unions started in June of 1986 at South Okeechobee Community Development Federal Credit Union in Belle Glade Florida. She joined the team at Gold Coast Federal Credit Union in August of 1992.
In her previous role as AVP of Community & Member Development she was responsible for overseeing the credit union’s underserved initiative in Delray Beach and served as an active board member of the Delray Beach Community Development Corporation from 01/2005 – 10/2011. She also participated in the Delray Beach Advisory Committee meetings as a Block Captain.
Active participant of the Maria Sachs “H.O.P.E. for Palm Beach County Task Force” which focused on helping residents of Palm Beach County who were dealing with the possibility of losing their homes due to foreclosure as a result of the economic crisis of 2007 – 2008.
Served as a mentor for Take Stock in Children from August 2016 – May 2019. Mentored a student that attended John I. Leonard High School for three years.
Currently serving as staff liaison on the Governmental Affairs/Community Development Committee and the Gold Coast Cares Team.
Prior to June of 1986 she lived and worked in London England for 15 years. Worked for the Westminster City Council as Team Clerk for the Social Services Department.
Attended Mt. Ida College in Newton Mass, and completed numerous educational opportunities provided by the National Credit Union Institute and the Florida Credit Union League, The Florida State University & the Southeastern Regional Credit Union School System and the Southeast CUNA Management School at the University of Georgia.
Pat Walker is a native Floridian and has a passion for helping others.
Tampa Bay FCU
Lori Mills is Marketing Manager for Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union in Tampa, Florida. She has been with the credit union for 8 years. Within her role she wears many hats, but is most passionate about educating the underserved community on the credit union’s financial services and hosting financial literacy courses.
During her time at Tampa Bay Federal, Lori has served with the LSCU Young Professionals group and volunteers regularly for credit union events.
Born and raised in Sharon, Massachusetts, Lori moved to Tampa to attend University of South Florida. Nearly 20 years later, she has no plans to leave the sunny state of Florida and loves being a part of the credit union profession.