Join us for the first ever Regional Benefits Cliff Summit on March 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.!
Are you prepared as an employer for the benefits cliff your employees might face when offered a promotion?
Do you know what the benefits cliff* is?
*A benefits cliff happens when individuals who receive public benefits start earning more income, but still not enough to make up for the loss of benefits as their new pay pushes them over eligibility thresholds.
Join us for the first ever Regional Benefits Cliff Summit on March 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.! Previously scheduled on September 29, 2022 and postponed due to Hurricane Ian.
The purpose of the event is:
• To gain knowledge about the benefits cliff and impact of the minimum wage increase
• To assist employers in understanding how to support their employees with the approaching implementation of the $15 living wage and work toward no longer needing public benefits
• To offer tools and ideas to help people navigate the cliff without falling down the cliff
• Ray Larsen from Heart of Florida United Way sharing the dilemma of our regional A.L.I.C.E. households
• Dr. Brittany Birken, CED Director and Principal Adviser from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta sharing their new publicly launched CLIFF calculator
• Alexis Tsoukalas from the Florida Policy Institute sharing potential solutions to avoid the cliff effect
• Annette Brown, Circle Leader from Poverty Solutions Group sharing her lived experience with the benefits cliff
Collaborating organizations include: Poverty Solutions Group, Christian Service Center, Florida Prosperity Partnership, Florida Foundation/Chamber of Commerce, Heart of Florida United Way, and the East Central Florida Regional Resilience Collaborative. This is part of a community effort to address the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This one is focused on the #1 Goal of No Poverty.
Sponsored by the Central Florida Foundation
Space at the Center for Health & Wellbeing is provided by the Winter Park Health Foundation