March 5, 2021
The FDIC and the CFPB invite you to a national webinar for community based organizations and local governments who provide direct services to low- and moderate-income (LMI) consumers who may receive tax refunds and Economic Impact Payments this season.
The webinar will include a deep dive into FDIC’s #GetBanked webpage. Attendees will learn how to utilize FDIC, federal government, and banking intermediaries’ resources in order to direct LMI consumers on how and where to open bank accounts suited to their unique needs. In addition, Bank On Gaithersburg (a Bank On Coalition member and local government office) will share their experience using some of these resources and intermediary partnerships to assist their LMI clients with opening a bank account.
- David Rothstein, Senior Principal, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Rob Birgfeld, Chief Marketing Officer, Independent Community Bankers Association
- Tawana Lofton, Project Manager, Community Services, City of Gaithersburg, MD. Bank On Gaithersburg
- David Sieminski, Office of Community Affairs, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Deputy Director, Consumer and Community Affairs, FDIC
- Paola Diaz, Acting Lead, Innovations in Consumer and Community Affairs, FDIC
- Mia Sowell, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
When: Thursday, March 11, 2021 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
Where: Webinar using WebEx, registration information below.
Who should attend: Workers of community based organizations and governments providing direct services to low- and moderate-income consumers.
To register online, click here: https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/community/events/2021-03-11-getbanked-tx-refunds.html and fill out the needed information. You will receive a confirmation email with the webinar link and audio information. All are encouraged to forward this invitation to anyone that might benefit.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Mia Sowell, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, at email@example.com.