September 28, 2020
A Primer on ABLE Accounts
When: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.
The ABLE Act offers the opportunity for 8 million individuals with disabilities to save without affecting means tested benefits. The ABLE Act builds on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), recognizing the extra, significant costs that come with living with a disability. This training will cover how ABLE accounts empower people to save and invest their funds in a tax-advantaged savings vehicle to cover a wide range of qualified disability expenses, providing for a better future and enhanced quality of life.
Presenters will share:
- How an ABLE account can increase financial independence
- ABLE account basics and the interaction with SSI and Medicaid
- Resources and tools
- Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center
- Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE National Resource Center
- Pshon Barrett, Esquire, ADA Group, LLC, Attorneys for Disabled Americans and ABLE account owner and 2020 ABLE NRC Ambassador
Closed captioning will be available on this webcast. A link with access to the captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box shortly before the webcast start time.
This training will be presented in a WEBCAST format to accommodate more participants. Due to the high volume of participants, computer audio will be the only option to listen to the presentation. No telephone call-in number will be provided. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.
This webcast will be recorded and available on our website shortly after the presentation. The recording and training materials will also be emailed to all registrants within a few days after the training. The webcast will take place on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET.