September 22, 2020
At Capital Good Fund, we are doing what we can, on a nonpartisan basis, to advocate for and support a free and fair election. After all, it is impossible for us to achieve our mission if we do not have a democracy in which everyone fully participates, and voting is foundational to that participation. Unfortunately, we know that the people most excluded from the voting process are those we serve: communities of color, veterans, women, domestic violence survivors, etc.
We therefore invite you to celebrate National Voter Registration Day with us by taking the following, simple actions:
- Register to vote! It takes less than 2 minutes.
- Double-check your registration. Voter rolls are frequently updated, and sometimes people are accidentally removed, so make sure your registration is current.
- Request an absentee / mail-in ballot if your state allows and you so desire.
- Set up reminders about key voting dates
- Find your polling place / make your voting plan. Know how, when, and where you’ll be voting!
- Share this information with your friends and family!
- Consider signing up to be a poll worker: a national shortage in poll workers due to COVID-19 could create issues on election day
- Make sure that you’ve filled out your 2020 Census form!
- Share our social media posts about National Voter Registration Day: