September 8, 2020
Thank you for your interest in helping people claim the Economic Impact Payment (EIP). The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers these resources for intermediaries related to the EIP:
- Helping Consumers Claim their EIPs: A Guide for Intermediaries. Download the guide and customizable flyer at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/guide-helps-organizations-connect-people-to-stimulus-payment/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=OCA&utm_term=August2020. (The links are toward the bottom.)
- Office hours for questions about helping people claim the EIP. The CFPB is offering a weekly office hour each Wednesday at 2:30 Eastern starting on September 9 and ending October 14. Use the information below to join us. Bring your questions or just listen in!
|EIP Office Hours Each Wednesday at 2:30 Eastern starting on September 9 and ending October 14 Join Microsoft Teams Meeting +1 571-348-5774 (Toll) Conference ID: 503 140 753#|
- Recorded Webinar on Helping Consumers Claim their EIPs. View the recording at https://www.dropbox.com/s/39id0iivl2r6e35/EIP%20Recorded%20Webinar%20qlr.mp4?dl=0. If you experience glitches when playing the video directly from this site, you can also download the video to your computer and play it from that location. The slides are also available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlxey3nnc4z2tys/2020.08.28%20EIP%20Webinar%20Slides_cleared%20final_main.pdf?dl=0.
In addition, use these links to stay in touch with the Bureau and access other resources:
- Page on serving economically vulnerable consumers: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/practitioner-resources/economically-vulnerable/. On this page you can find tools and resources and sign up to get updates via email.
- Tax Time Inbox: CFPB_taxtime@cfpb.gov
- COVID resources: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/