May 13, 2020
The IRS continues to create outreach materials to address people’s questions about coronavirus-related tax relief and Economic Impact Payments. The IRS is also working to deliver Economic Impact Payments as quickly as possible to all eligible Americans. More than 150 million payments will be sent out, and millions of people who normally don’t file a tax return are eligible to receive these payments.
To reach these people outside of the tax system, the IRS is asking for your help to spread the word, so more people sign up for these payments worth $1,200 per individual or more. The IRS has created special information and graphics that you can use, share and adapt in your communications, including material suitable for emails, newsletters, websites and other channels. We need your help in sharing these important outreach materials with your families, friends, partners and clients. This week’s outreach bundle includes materials on Economic Impact Payments and related scams, as well as collection and exam focused tax relief and employer credits.
For additional information, visit IRS.gov/coronavirus.
Tax Tips: (see attached)
- What people really want to know about Economic Impact Payments (Top FAQs) (English and Spanish)
- IRS People First Initiative provides relief to taxpayers facing COVID-19 issues (Collection focused) (English and Spanish)
- IRS People First Initiative provides relief to taxpayers (Exam focused) (English and Spanish)
Ready-to-use articles: (see attached)
- If you receive certain benefits, your Economic Impact Payment will automatically go on your Direct Express Card
- New employer credit available for paid family leave
- New employer credit available for paid sick leave
- Employee retention credit for businesses affected by COVID-19
e-Posters: (see attached)
- Economic Impact Payments flowchart
- Economic Impact Payments for Americans experiencing homelessness
Social media images: (see attached)
- Scams related to Economic Impact Payments (3 images)
- Economic Impact Payment FAQs (3 images)
- Get My Payment tool – Enhancements (7 images – English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Russian)
- Treasury, IRS launch new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments (5 images – Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Russian)