March 30, 2020
Here are four resources this week to keep you informed on the latest legislative action and funding opportunities for nonprofits.
Webinar: Federal Coronavirus Relief Bills: What Do They Mean for Nonprofits?
Tuesday, March 31, 3:30PM
Presented by the National Council of Nonprofits
Click here to register.
In rapid succession over the last two weeks, Congress passed and the President signed two far-reaching pieces of legislation designed to provide relief to the American people and businesses – including nonprofits. Included in the provisions of these bills are major victories for nonprofits, operational relief, and new obligations.
On Tuesday, March 31 at 3:30 pm, the networks of the National Council of Nonprofits are hosting a national presentation to help all in the charitable community understand what various provisions of the two laws mean for nonprofits.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act created new workplace obligations for employers and expanded supports for individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eight days later, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) authorized more than $2 trillion in spending to inject cash into the economy, businesses, and nonprofits. There is a great deal to unpack:
- Mandated paid sick and family leave and refundable payroll tax credits
- Generous loan funds for small (< 500 employees) and mid-size (between 500 and 10,000 employees) nonprofit employers; which program is best for your organization?
- Above-the-line or universal charitable deduction available for 2020
- Employee retention refundable tax credit
- Expanded unemployment and enhanced funding for social support programs
This webinar will share the latest analysis and information for charitable nonprofits, recognizing that multiple federal agencies must write the rules and forms and establish processes for getting money into the hands of nonprofits as quickly as possible.
The webinar is expected to fill up, so please register ASAP. Click here to register.
2. Chart on federal loans available to nonprofits
From the National Council of Nonprofits
Thursday, April 2, 4:30PM – Mark your calendar!
Update on the end of the Florida Legislative Session
Zoom log-in information will be sent out this week
4. Don’t forget to check out the COVID-19 Members only resource page – we are updating it regularly.